Week 5 (10/3-10/7)
2. Case (from your textbook) Questions (answer in your notes)
Gerald Fit Mason
1. Discuss some reasons why you think this case may have gone cold.
2. Why so you think that a criminalistics department would reopen a case after nearly 50 years?
3. Has this crime taken place today, what additional evidence may have been collected and how would it have been processed?
1.How were the paint samples collected?
2. What is the difference between topcoat and primers?
3. What effects has a custom paint jobs had on the usefulness of a federal paint database?
NIBIN Links Handguns to Suspects
1. At the robberies, shots were fired. How would this evidence be collected?
2. Even though the 40 caliber handgun was linked to a suspect, does that mean that he/she committed the robberies?
3. Why must a firearms examiner confirm the finding?
Complete handouts from class
Wed 10/5: Ch 3 #1-12,14-17,21-24
Thurs 10/6: Study For Ch 3 Test
Fri 10/7: Read Ch 3 from STIFF (Ch 5 if you want)
Due Wed. 10/12 or when we comeback
Extra credit Wonder Project Will be due a week after we comeback